Health concerns with charcoal grilling?

I've always had propane grills growing up. So as an adult I got an old Weber q for portability on my patio and had a great time grilling multiple times a year

Fast forward to now, and with kids and a family and a yard, I am ready to get a big grill. Just before purchasing, I see this reddit, and my eyes are opened to beauty of charcoal and smoking. Silly I know but previously I never appreciated food cooked this way.

After watching YouTube, I do a few practice runs on a neighbors Weber kettle and I am sold. Everything just tasted better

But then I have my doubts as look at the ash in the grill. Check some websites and sure enough, there are concerns with grilling and long term health risks. Is this anything I should be concerned about.... charcoal specifically? Doing a search I don't see any posts about health concerns and I assume the few articles I read were overblown, so thought I'd ask the community



Submitted November 26, 2018 at 10:28PM by djshmack https://ift.tt/2PUjPf3

Comments

Related